Leon Eckert, currently living in New York.
The focus of my research is the critical discussion of technological progress and its impact on society at large. Interested in the psychological, sociological and political processes at play, I am dedicated to exploring the reality of surveillance, as well as the concepts of privacy and security.
- currently: M.P.A candidate at ITP, Tisch School of the Arts, NYU.
- before that: Goldsmiths, University of London (BA Design).
- Helen Nissenbaum - Research Assistant - 2016
- Trevor Paglen - Computer Vision Research & Python Developer - 2016
- Adam Harvey - Python Developer - 2016
- Privacy Research Group, NYU - Member - 2016 - ongoing
- Matthew Plummer-Fernandez - Python Developer - 2013
- Revital Cohen & Tuur Van Baalen - Processing & Arduino Developer - 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Intro to Python UG - NYU, CS Department - 2017 - ongoing
- Intro to Computer Vision with Python - NYU, ITP Unconference - 2017
- Intro to Chrome Extensions Workshop - NYU, ITP - 2016
- Intro to Python Workshop Series - NYU, ITP - 2016
- Intro to Command Line - NYU, ITP - 2016
- 3rd Istanbul Design Biennale - Istanbul - Packet Autobahn - 2016
- ITP Spring Show - NYC- Air Poems & Unwitting Subjects - 2016
- ITP Winter Show - NYC- Deceit Board & Keyprints - 2015
- Codame Art+Tech Festival - San Francisco - Genetic Dance Algorithm - 2015
- XV Show, Goldsmiths University - London - Genetic Dance Algorithm - 2015
A two part project dealing with typing patterns and how they are used as unique identifiers of individuals.
2015surveillance, privacy, biometrics, behavioural data, arduino
Altering reality as seen through insecure ip cameras / a program that makes unwitting strangers far away draw on your canvas.
2016privacy, surveillance, open frameworks, ip cameras
A program listening to surrounding devices, constructing short poems from their words.
2016privacy, wifi sniffing, probe requests, python, c++
A web installation in which the pixel values of a live stream are manipulated to transmit a second layer of information.
2016privacy, cryptography, steganography, data, ip cameras, node
in progress / a blog
...for talking about dark subjects.
Mar 21, 2017thesis, theory
make everyone sound the same
Feb 27, 2017python, sound, video, stupid hackathon 2017
today I built an interactive tool to visualise keystroke patterns
a not really succesful little scraping exercise
Feb 16, 2017python, selenium, scraping, amazon, not thesis
- various times and places, handpicked by a stranger.
- clouds, rocks and water.
- splits across time and space.